Will there be fireworks?
A fireworks display will take place as part of the Australia Day Spectacular at 9pm on Cockle Bay.
Can I buy food and drinks during the event?
A number of food and beverage venues, including takeaway outlets, cafes and restaurants, throughout Darling Harbour will be open during the event. Find out more about places to eat and drink in Darling Harbour.
Is alcohol permitted at the event?
Darling Harbour is an alcohol-free area and alcoholic beverages can only be purchased and consumed in licensed areas. There are numerous bars at Darling Harbour where you can enjoy the entertainment. Find out more about bars in Darling Harbour.
Can I bring my own alcohol?
No glass or alcohol can be brought into Darling Harbour.
What happens if it rains?
The event will proceed as per the advertised program. There are limited undercover areas within Darling Harbour.
In the unlikely event of a performance being cancelled due to performer or public safety, an announcement will be made at the location of the performance.
What time does the event start?
The entertainment will commence on Thursday 26 January at 11am and will continue until 9.15pm concluding with fireworks.
How do I get to Darling Harbour?
Getting to Darling arbour is easy with a number of transport options available. Find out more about transport options.
View information on Australia Day road closures.
There are many other ways to access the precinct, including:
- Train to Central Station and light rail to Darling Harbour
- Train to Town Hall and walk down either Market, Druitt, Bathurst or Goulburn streets
- Bus to the CBD and walk down either Market, Druitt, Bathurst or Goulburn streets
- Drive to Darling Harbour and park at Harbourside Car Park (1,400 spaces)
- Drive to Darling Harbour and park at ICC Sydney Exhibition Centre Car Park and ICC Sydney Theatre Car Park (826 spaces)
- Drive to Darling Harbour and park at The Star – walk up Pyrmont Street
- Drive to the city and park at one of a number of CBD car parks located within 250m walking distance of Darling Harbour’s eastern shore
- Catch a ferry from Circular Quay to King Street Wharf or Pyrmont Bay Wharf.
Please be advised that there will be no glass or BYO alcohol permitted in managed access areas at Darling Harbour. Please bring sunscreen, plenty of water and a hat. Pyrmont Bridge may be closed to pedestrian traffic at various times between 3pm and 10pm on Australia Day. Pedestrians are advised to take this into account when planning their journey to and from the city around this time.
What else is happening on Australia Day in Sydney?
For more Australia Day events in Sydney, download the event guide in your preferred language: